Here are some suggestions for the poker beginners. At the bottom there are links to a few in-dept poker strategies.
- There can be up to three raises per betting round. After the first round is completed the dealer will "burn" or discard the top card on the deck. This is done to make sure no one could have accidentally seen the top card. Three cards are dealt and turned face up in the middle of the table. This is known as the "Flop". These are community cards used by all the players. Another betting round begins with the first active player to the left of the dealer button. The minimum bet for this round is also three dollars.
- When you have garbage in your
hand, fold faster than Superman on laundry day.
- Don't pretend that your some big time poker player unless you have the bankroll to back it up. The experts agree that you should start with at least 50 times the table limit.
- When the time arrives that you're holding the unbeatable hand – remember Nicholas Cage in Honeymoon in Vegas – make sure you make the players pay dearly to see it.
- We're talking real poker here, not video poker, so remember you're not trying to impress the change lady by getting the highest hand. Your goal is to be holding a better hand than your opponents. When everyone else is frightened off by your superior play, the pot is yours.
- Commit this to memory: If you can't beat the other hands, don't join them, fold and live to play another day. The table will always be ready when you are.
- The first 5/7 cards you receive will be the foundation of your hand. Build your strategy around these. You're not likely to better your opening hand. I believe that the odds of improving your hand on the draw are about even.
- You'll soon discover whom the strong players are at the table. As tempting as it is, try to resist the temptation of trying to beat them at risk of losing sight of the other aspects of your game. You'll lose big time if you're not lucky. If you're lucky enough to win, it'll hardly be worth the effort.
Texas Hold'em Poker Strategy -
7 Card Stud Poker Strategy -
Omaha Poker Strategy
Online Poker HOME - Poker Rules - Poker Dictionary - Poker Strategy - Poker Tips - Poker Games
| online poker rooms | abc casinos |